Time: 11ish AM
Blinking open my eyes. I'm squinting from the sun streaming in the open balcony door.
In that foggy pre-awake state, I realize I'm lying on the floor next to the balcony. As the grogginess subsides I see the paper.
And the blood. There's blood everywhere.
Not a lot, but enough to be pretty alarming. What the hell happened?
Then I see the paper and my heart stops. The memories come rushing back like a tornado.
The blood-stained paper reads:
YOU DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES
It's in all capital letters like someone is screaming.
And it's in my own handwriting.
Hi. My name is Matt Trainer and I have a story to tell you. It's a story of love, hate, success, failure and redemption. And as weird as it sounds, it's a story about Internet marketing.
Let's go back to the year 2006 and start from there. I was living in Los Angeles working as a freelance web designer and programmer.
It was not a bad gig. I got to rub shoulders with some celebs and do some cool websites for a few TV shows you've definitely heard of. The pay was pretty good too. But I, of course, wanted more.
See, I've always been entrepreneurial (man why is that word so hard to spell?!).
Even from the young age of 8, I started my own newspaper business where it didn't exist before in our small town. I had to create the market and then keep selling it monthly. (Lots of lessons there. More on that later.)
Even from my oldest memories I KNEW in my heart I would be very successful someday. My dad always told me I would be.
My father was also a died-in-the-wool entrepreneur. He never had a real "job".
My dad was one of the smartest people I've ever known. He read STACKS of books every week. I've never seen anyone read so much.
He had an encyclopedia brain. He dreamed of one day competing on the TV game show "Jeopardy".
He would watch that show every day and keep score as he played along with the contestants on the show. He ALWAYS knew the answer to every question no matter how obscure. It never ceased to amaze me.
He also had the "skill" of finding the weirdest ways to make money.
Here's just a partial list of the businesses he did with varying degrees of success:
Movie theater film delivery
Roofing foil sales (yeah I don't know either)
Used cars (from our front yard of course)
Drive-in theater consulting
Even a short stint as a landlord
We went through a few boom/bust cycles but never really had a lot of money growing up. He just didn't apply himself enough or push the envelope to ever make any real money.
I now believe he just
didn't have what it took.
Ok wait...before you think I'm mean...maybe he did. But I never saw him do anything to his FULL potential. He never really pushed himself.
It still saddens me a bit.
So after living my entire childhood watching him "fail", I told myself I'd always try to push harder.
Because of that I've only ever had one REAL fear...
The fear of not living up to my potential.
Like Gary Vaynerchuk in this video I really only have one HUGE thing...
He simply doesn't know how to be anything BUT successful. He doesn't know how to do anything BUT live up to his potential.
- You don’t have it.
- You don’t have that DNA.
- You’ve never hustled.
- You didn’t grow up with the right opportunities.
- You think growing up with opportunities matters.
- You don’t know how to take currently available opportunities.
- You complain a lot.
- You don’t see the big picture.
- You might have a map, but you’re really bad with directions.
- You expect handholding. "Oh if only someone would show me how..."
- You think you’re entitled to rewards.
- You place blame on others instead of taking control and figuring out what went wrong.
- You half ass projects and say they’re failures.
- You rarely, if at all, launch projects in the first place.
- You don’t seek specified knowledge.
- You buy a lot of information – courses, webinars, seminars, conferences – and let it all go in one ear and out the other.
- You haven’t learned the very basics of doing work online.
- You think "I’m not a techie" is a good excuse.
- You haven’t learned the slightest bit about how a real business works.
- You don’t enjoy producing content.
- You’ve never studied classic marketing or sales literature.
- You’ve never written an advertisement.
- You’ve never made a sales call and expect to make thousands of dollars in sales overnight.
- You waste a lot of time on things that don’t matter and then whine that you don’t have enough time to do the things that do.
- You spend your free time thinking about doing something.
- You tell anyone who will listen what you’re going to do.
- You never do anything.
If you hate me now, it’s because some of that was true....or maybe all of it.
I'm gonna show you how to make it ALL false.
Time to create your own luck.
There's a step-by-step system for creating your own fortune (luck) in ANY circumstance. I'm gonna show you how to activate that system and never worry about money EVER again.
Plus I'll reveal EXACTLY how to create massive wealth and your own luck...AT WILL.
All for free. Click here to get started